Restoring Nature’s Balance
Emerald Necklace Group | AMIGOS park projects use green infrastructure methodologies, such as on-site water filtration, bioswales, and low-water-use irrigation, as well as drought-tolerate and native-plant landscaping in our projects.
Our parks are informed by community needs and local cultural heritage, and by the latest low impact development (LID) landscape practices.
Emerald Necklace Group|Amigos de los Rios provides knowledge, skills, and leadership in the following areas:
– Designing, planning, and implementation of urban green infrastructure helping to battle climate change, including innovative, sustainability neighborhood parks
– Developing community partnerships and organizing community action programs
– Conservation of open and natural spaces within the metropolitan region
– Efficiently utilizing funding for green infrastructure projects, including sustainability planning
– Promoting community involvement in all aspects of project planning, design, and development
In many instances, AMIGOS-designed urban parks serve as prototypes for the next generation of public parks and open spaces in our area. In addition, there are discrete elements of a larger vision: an unbroken network of parks and connecting nature trails and bike paths and stretches from the San Gabriel Mountains to the sea.
Promoting community involvement is an important element to the success of Amigos de los Rios projects. These efforts encourage community members to become stewards of the parks in their communities and to participate in a larger vision for change.